Work for Us
J-Ports is a fast-growing fashion e-commerce company that aims to revolutionize the way people shop online. We are on the cutting-edge of creating a unique online shopping experience for our customers all over the world via live video streaming. We have grown exponentially over the last 2 years in our existence while offering the best in the industry work-life balance, various employee benefits and training opportunities. To find out more about us, visit About J-Ports page.
Do you want to work in an exciting international environment where you can gain new skills for digital marketing, sales or an insight into a Japanese Exporting company?
J-Ports K.K. is a fast-growing fashion e-commerce company that aims to revolutionize the way people shop online. We are on the cutting-edge of creating a unique online shopping experience for our customers all over the world via live video streaming. We have grown exponentially over the last 2 years in our existence while offering the best in the industry work-life balance, various employee benefits, and training opportunities.
We are looking for additional members to our team to help us grow even further.
- Work out of J-Ports’ Osaka HQ, 5 days/week (exact days TBD), 9am-5pm
- Appear in live video streams on various social media platforms to provide an interactive, engaging shopping experience for our international customers
- Compose descriptive and attractive product descriptions and sales posts of our merchandise (luxury items such as high fashion brand bags, accessories, watches, etc) for online listings and advertisement on various websites
- Promote your online personality in connection with the J-Ports brand over social media by creating additional video, photo, text contents and interacting with our customers
- Other misc tasks such as providing customer support and performing data entry
- A valid working visa in Japan for the first 3 months of employment (not applicable for a permanent resident or a Japanese citizen)
- University degree (if visa renewal or extension is required)
- General understanding of social media (particularly Youtube, Facebook and Instagram)
- Time management skills and ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Personable and outgoing personality
- Internet- and/or computer-savviness
- Comfortable with appearing on camera or modeling
Preferred Skills and Traits:
- Interest and/or knowledge in fashion and brands
- Competitive spirit and eagerness to try new things
- Familiarity with G Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Spreadsheet, Calendar etc)
- Experience in content creation (eg. youtubing, blogging, creating/running a website, for a personal project or work)
- Experience in community management (eg. running a Facebook page or group, or an online forum, for a personal project or work)
- Experience or education in video editing or graphic design (for a personal project or work)
- Experience or education in sales or digital marketing
Base salary + sales incentive (for sales specialist only) + Bonuses
Basic Package is 230,000yen/month up to 300,000 yen/month
- Health insurance, pension, worker’s accident insurance, unemployment insurance fully provided
- Up to 26 days/year paid leave, with 6 sick days included
- Up to 15,000 yen/month in commute allowance
- Additional child care allowance available
- Fixed-term employee for 12 months, with potential for longer subsequent terms upon renewal
- 3-months trial period
- No Japanese is required for this position, however if you are able to communicate in Japanese, it is very much appreciated in our international company!
- If you are applying from overseas, you must be able to sponsor your own work visa (tourist visa is not acceptable) for the first 3 months and to relocate to Japan and begin work within 1 month after we extend a job offer
- Starting on a part-time basis is possible. Please contact us for details.
- We protect your identity and privacy. You may choose to use a pseudonym or an alternative name for your online persona. All social media-related work will be conducted through separate business accounts from your personal accounts
We are looking forward to meeting you!
How to Apply
Please fill out the following application form, along with your resume in English. If your position requires a self-introduction video, please upload the video as well. Please note that we value your privacy and your information will be deleted upon being rejected from the applied position.
For the self-introduction video, please follow the following format.
- Make sure you look presentable. However there is no need to wear a suit. An attire that shows your personality and/or sense of fashion is encouraged.
- A simple video shot with a webcam or a phone camera will suffice. However, good background/lighting makes a huge difference.
- As for the topic, you can keep it general. We ask you to submit this because we want to see your personality, how comfortable you are on camera, and see if you would be a good fit for the role and the company.